Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 October 2010

Operation Competition


It's all very well making work, putting it in my shop, but my limited range of facebook pals don't neccessarily like or want to purchase my artwork.
I like to believe that this is because I'm the only one who gets it, so I can wallow in my own misery and depression and never have life be any different, if only to perpetuate the vicious circle of pychological misery that makes me feel more creative in the first place!
However it could just be that I'm not hanging around in the right circles.

So Step 1 in getting my name out there, circulating among the masses, is to hold a competition. I have listed this on theprizefinder.com , loquax.co.uk and UK competitions. I'm not sure if UK competitions have listed it actually but who cares. Here is a link below to win the picture above.

http://katyfryd.co.uk/mailing.html

So this has been working nicely, with a steady stream of entrants building up a mailing list for me, and also increasing my 'likes' on my facebook fan page, due to the nature of the competition question.

However, although never a bad thing to get one's name about, I'm not sure if these are the right type of people as they could just be people who want things for free. So Step 2 in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment